Infrared Asphalt Repair
Infrared asphalt technology is an effective solution for critical repairs. This unique method blends hot-mix asphalt right in with the original and then compacts the area to create a seamless restoration. If you notice potholes–especially in high-traffic areas, pavement heaving, uneven surfaces surrounding catch basins (this is a common problem resulting after several freeze-thaw cycles), or rough surfaces in drive lanes or parking stalls, it is a good idea to consider infrared repair.
The Infrared asphalt repair process will help to extend the life expectancy of your pavement at a more economical and efficient rate than the conventional form of repair. NAI utilizes the Kasi Infrared Patriot Truck system. Our truck units are equipped with 3 ton reclaimers. The infrared systems reclaimer keeps the asphalt at plant mix temperature. The infrared heating chamber is constructed out of stainless steel and Inconel Converters which generates the infrared radiation used to heat the asphalt pavement. The infrared heat from the chamber can heat the asphalt to a workable temperature and a depth of approximately 3 inches.
A CALL BACK
What is the Infrared Restoration Repair Process?
- Step One is to properly clean and prep the area
- Step two is to position the infrared chamber over the repair area
- Step three is to light the infrared chamber and lower it over the repair area
- Step Four is to scarify the area to be repaired. It is important to note here that this step is crucial to the success of your infrared repair. If the area is not scarified deep enough and completely the repair process would not be successful.
- Step Five is to add new virgin asphalt from the reclaimer to the repair area
- Step Six is to rake and lute the repair area smooth and level
- Step Seven is the final step for compaction. Compact the edges of the repair area first, to create that permanent seamless bond with the asphalt. It is important that this step be completed quickly while the repair is still hot so that it bonds properly with the existing asphalt. Finally, after the edges are compacted roll the inside of the repair.
Infrared Restoration with Kasi equipment requires:
- 1 Truck
- 1 Piece of Equipment
- 2 Men
- Twenty minutes